September 07, 2005

No To Ice Cream

I am totally amazed with myself. I'd gotten my dh to go out and buy me a pint of Ben & Jerry's peanut butter cup ice cream and not only did I not devour it all, I felt totally dissatisfied with it. I asked hubby to go out only because I am bored with being unable to do anything. I knew it was stupid the minute the words were out of my mouth. I didn't tell him to forget it, though, because I thought, well, maybe it will be distracting, it's just this once, and everyone else seems to want a snack.

As I began to eat the ice cream though it felt too thick and too sweet in my mouth. I was surprised because I've always been weak for ice cream, especially when it has peanut butter in it. I guess after a year of no ice cream, my taste buds have changed. Gee, what a waste of money I thought. I really should try to finish it.

Then I wondered: why? My body was obviously communicating with me. Why force this stuff down my throat when I know it's emotionally and physically unhealthy for me? Why not just stop now and put it away? So I did...I'd eaten less than half a dozen bites, maybe not even one serving.

After I put it away, I noticed my TB put his ice cream back too.

This is the right direction!

2 comments:

Mark Daniels said...

My wife and I have cut way down on ice cream in the past several weeks and I note a big difference in my paunch already. I love the stuff but must stay away from it!

Anonymous said...

If you get a craving for ice cream, flavor water with flavor concentrates of any flavor and freeze this in ice cube trays! It is a great way to satisfy, just be sure to look a the nutrition information before purchasing!