October 09, 2007

Update on Us

TB and I are wearing down under the enormous stress we're under. My sugar is out of whack again, I've gained weight and I have tingling toes and fingers which could be stress, diabetic neuropathy or Reynaud's. I already know that I have Reynaud's phenomenon and am hoping it's just an episode of that and not neuropathy or something equally evil. For years, I noticed that sometimes my fingers and toes would look blue and feel cold and a doctor told me it was Reynaud's and probably due to low thyroid function. I think stress plays a role in it too--probably more malevolency caused by too much cortisol!

TB is struggling to cope with what's happening to him. He's not able to work right now because of spinal stenosis. He is in so much pain he can barely stand to walk for more than a few minutes at a time. He has no sick leave and so there's no money coming in which adds to the depression and stress he's feeling. It's a terrible thing to be vitally healthy and the support of the whole family and to suddenly have your health do a crash and burn like this.

The adultolescents are not much help and to add fuel to the fire, TB and I are also members of the sandwich generation which means we have elderly parents who are becoming needy. Right now most of that burden is on his sister and my brother but there is only so much that those two will be able to bear without help.

I need to regroup and refocus and try to relax all at the same time!

1 comment:

WendyB said...

LOL @ adultolescents. Sorry about the stress though :-(