April 25, 2008

Write It Down

I know I'm supposed to keep a food journal. When I do, it does help me stay in line. My problem is that I keep forgetting. I'm really good about it for the first 3 or 4 days but then I begin to forget. Why is that?

From Everyday Tips:

...a food journal gives you a tool to monitor your progress and identify patterns in your eating habits.

The feedback from your food journal can also strengthen your weight-management skills. Write down a complete list of your meals and snacks within 15 minutes of eating. Most successful record keepers total their numbers at the end of the day or the first thing each morning on a weekly summary sheet. Keeping good records is a skill that takes practice. Most people don't enjoy keeping records, so you may stop and start from time to time. But even done sporadically, it's worthwhile work so you can check in on your diet.


So I guess starting and stopping every three days isn't too bad after all. Still...I'd like to remember to do this everyday!

No comments: