August 29, 2005

Insurance Coverage

I was curious to see what kind of assistance the family can get with weight loss counseling, nutrition, and fitness.

There are 2 nutritionists with the plan -- well, what I mean is that they're willing to give a discount to members with our insurance. The trouble is they are both like a 2 hour drive away.

The customer service rep (CSR) advised me the only other thing I could do was go to an organization affiliated with Global Fit and we would be able to receive discounts in gym memberships and in programs like Weight Watchers. Well, okay, that's better...at least these places are more convenient to get to.

The CSR asked, "Are you considering like a lapband or gastric bypass?"

Not really. I have concluded the surgery's not going to help me unless I make permanent life style changes and get my priorities reordered which is what I told her.

She seemed confused.

Surgery. Is that the answer du jour nowadays so that CSRs don't get another concept?

I want to get to the maintenance level on Weight Watchers. WW has worked well for me before but I never got to maintenance. If I can get the weight off and keep it off by rewiring my brain I would have more success than by trying to rewire my body!

No comments: