December 13, 2005

Best Laid Plans...

On Saturday, the girls and I met with Jason the personal trainer at the club. I learned some useful stuff! Apparently, I have been curling my toes when I pedal and that will cause spasms. I also had the arch of my foot centered on the pedal and that's not the correct way to do it. Once I had the balls of my feet on the pedals and the toes relaxed, I was able to do a good 20 minute workout. I was very happy! I also did some stretching and strengthening exercises on some of the other machines.

The big drawback was the stupid left ankle which is now hurting and burning in new areas. Jason suggested I put ice on it and I did, it helped. I am not going to give up my exercise program!

Yesterday, Heidi and I went down to the gym again. I must have picked up something in my rear tire and then rubbed against the curb because we heard a loud POW as we were pulling into the gym parking lot. The tire was flat even before I pulled into a spot. I called TB, who called AAA and they arrived immmediately to replace the tire.

Meanwhile, I managed to get in another workout. Heidi got tired and pooped out early but I wasn't about to. My ankle throbbed and burned again and I had to put on more ice. It's very frustrating to have that happen!

TB called around to get a new tire for my car...and it'll need to be tomorrow. It's a drag because I planned to try and work out again. I was going to go into the pool and swim. Well, it'll work out somehow. I'm not giving up!

No comments: