August 09, 2007

I've got the fibromyalgia fog blues

It doesn't take much for the fog to set in these days. A couple of days ago, my grandson who has PDD-NOS (a form of autism) had a major meltdown and it was scaring and draining to watch his mom trying to restrain him so he wouldn't hurt himself. It hurts to be helpless.

I was still feeling okay but then my son came in just now to tell me that the battery or alternator in my car died while he was at work last night. He couldn't get the car to start and so he called home. Luckily his sister was awake at the time (I guess this was about 1 in the morning) and went to pick him up.

He tells me that she came in to wake me after they got back and told me what happened. I have absolutely no memory of it although my son says I answered that we'd call AAA in the morning.

I feel like a balloon that's been popped, sluggish and unable to think clearly. I know what I should do now. I just feel like I'm moving through a ton of molasses.

No comments: