March 15, 2005

Discouraged

I am lucky that I haven't gained back any weight ... yet.

I fell off the weight loss wagon and binged on Reese's white chocolate peanut butter cups. I am so angry with myself. I went from eating one package to 2 to 4 in just a couple of days. Today I haven't had any and am not going to. I am determined not to continue this downward slide.

It takes 3 months to develop a habit, that's what I've read over and over. But what happens when you do 2 months of healthy eating followed by a 1 month backslide followed by two more healthy months? Will this ever happen for me?

I won't give up.

Last month, in western New York, a school tried out the concept of "power eating" and rewarded students (with prizes yet!) for eating fruits and vegetables. I wonder if it worked? The story is here.

1 comment:

Julia Havey said...

Don't give up! I lost 130 pounds and know it can be done. Visit me at www.juliahavey.com, I would love to be of help to you