May 10, 2005

"On the Heavy Side"

I get a Mountain Wings newsletter in my email every day. I usually find them to be very inspiring but sometimes there is a message that just really clicks. This one really clicked with me not only because I love cats but because of my weight issues. Here it is:

-------------------------------------------------
MountainWings A MountainWings Moment
#5130 Wings Over The Mountains of Life
-------------------------------------------------

On the Heavy Side
==================

Miki is our 16-year-old cat; she's always been "on the heavy side."

Up until recently she was subject to eating anything people ate plus her regular food. She was also subject to leaving us little tokens around the house which should have been in her litter box. This was a relatively new behavior.

There was nothing physically responsible for her tokens.
The vet said that her tokens were probably signs of the lack of nurturing as compared to the attention paid to our male cat, Meaux. This was true.

We then worked hard to love Miki as much as we loved Meaux.
Now Miki does not leave us many tokens any more and has simultaneously lost weight.

I am, and have been most of my life (for some 60 years now),
50 pounds overweight. I have worked at almost every weight loss plan including gastroplasty. I have lost probably about 500 pounds in my lifetime; and if I had all the money I have spent on diets, etc., I could have retired ten years ago and lived comfortably for many years.

It occurs to me at this point that if I would "let go and let God" nurture me as we have nurtured Miki, I would slim down also.

This was a MountainWings Moment to me.


~A MountainWings Original by Nancy Beard, Shreveport, LA~

1 comment:

GF said...

I finally MADE it here. It's been a little busy w/moving and all. I came by way of jwl.diary-x.com.

My WL journal is here: http://fatqueen.diaryland.com

I'll be back to read more! Keep up the good work and insightful thoughts!! :)