May 03, 2005

Resisting Impulses

The stress since Sunday has been almost relentless. We got word that my stepdaughter was thrown out of her friend's house and that she had no where to go. We didn't know where the baby was in all of this although I was fairly sure he was with his father. We had unpleasant conversations with SD that day as well as with the friend and boyfriend's mother. About the most I was able to determine is that the baby is safe. Today, SD was to appear in court for distributing alcohol to minors. I don't know what happened there although a part of me wishes the judge put her in jail. Probably not though. Anyway, normally my first response to a crisis like this would be to run to WaWa (or have my DH run to WaWa) and buy chips and candy ... but this time I haven't done it. I'm sort of proud of myself for that small victory.

No comments: