April 25, 2005

Leather Bootie

I got fitted for a brace today for my left ankle. I'm in pain almost all the time and have been hobbling around since last November. The air cast helped a little and the new inserts for my shoes helped a little ... but that's just about it. So my orthopedic doctor said I should try this brace.

As I sat there waiting for the mold to set, I felt very annoyed and embarrassed about my size. That's what got me into this mess, I thought to myself. Lazy fat pig. Except ... I'm not a lazy fat pig, or I didn't used to be.

I don't stuff myself. So what is going on with me? It's lack of exercise. I have to exercise to lose the weight but ... I'm so heavy I've got these injuries and it hurts to walk.

The man who fitted me for the brace said that once I'm used to wearing it I should be able to walk and exercise comfortably.

Good.

I don't want another one for my other ankle so I have to get moving before that happens!

No comments: