July 07, 2005

Hungry

I am so hungry!

I walked for a half hour on the dreadmill.

I didn't have breakfast (a mistake, I'm sure) but for lunch I had left over shrimp and vegetables and a banana ... no rice, just lots of nice green veggies.

Fooooooooood my mind is crooning. Go get fooooooood!

I'm not going to, I'm still holding out. I'll probably have a snack before dinner, some no-fat yogurt I think.

I took the dog outside and played with him a little bit to distract myself. I might take a nap too to get away from the pangs.

I know this is why healthy eating plans (AKA diets) fail. What I need to do is find a way to make this work ... maybe it's a matter of just telling myself just deal with it! Easier said than done...

My prayers are with the people in Great Britain, especially those victims & their families killed or injured in all the explosions.

2 comments:

srah said...

Drinking lots of water is supposed to help fill you up - sometimes your body tells you it's hungry when really it's dehydrated! Just an idea!

(Here through Blog Explosion)

Mama Mouse said...

Every BODY needs a little fat to keep it going ... it isn't a luxury we can do without ... we NEED it.

It is what keeps us from feeling hungry. We need protein too.

Water will only go so far to keep you feeling full ... and carrot sticks get pretty boring pretty fast.

Try eating more protein and do have a little fat now and then. If you starve yourself your body will go into starvation mode and you will stop losing weight even though you are eating very little. It is a protective mechanism.

Good luck.