July 29, 2005

More Support

I decided to go back to another website I've used in the past to help me track what I eat and how much I exercise: Fit Day.

One thing I especially like right now about the website is that it's "non-judgemental". I mean, I can make a goal of eating up to 1700 calories a day without the website blocking me and telling me in red letters to go talk to my doctor. The USDA website doesn't give you an option of clicking that you've been to the doctor and now want to create a healthy living food plan. On the USDA plan, the site would only let me "maintain" my weight. Waaaaaaaaaay too many calories there, that's the problem!

I filled in my half hour walk at 2 mph and the information was neutrally recorded, a big improvement over being reminded so in-my-face that my activity level is "poor". :) So far, I've had low fat Columbo yogurt with a cup of fresh fruit (melons) and for lunch I had a large tossed salad with low fat raspberry vinegriatte dressing and an egg. I've been drinking water.

My stomach needs to shrink.

I went to see the orthopod about my left ankle. The brace is doing a lot of good and providing support. He was able to manipulate my foot so that it had a better arch than it's had in a year and he was happy about that. He said I need to keep walking. He said I should come back in six months and we could talk about whether I wanted the brace to be a permanent part of my life.

Okay, I should have asked.

I guess it means that if I lose a lot of weight in six months I might not need it? That would be nice!

I told the doctor that I am having a breast reduction in September and that I'm looking into getting a lapband. He was very positive about my plans and just emphasized again that I should keep walking.

My daughter called me from TN to tell me that her neighbor is going in for a laprascopic bypass. I'm not interested in bypass but I was interested in the website the neighbor used to find a doctor and support, Obesity Help. I kind of shudder inwardly everytime I think to myself, you are morbidly obese. But ... it's true. So now I'm off to surf the site and see what I can learn.

No comments: