June 22, 2005

"How Far Does An M&M Go?"

I got this from Mountain Wings this morning:

How Far Does A M&M Go?
=======================

How far do you need to walk to burn off the calories in one M&M candy? That’s the little marble sized M&M’s, not a candy bar?

The question was on a health program and I didn’t know the answer.

So how far?

A. 50 feet
B. The length of a football field
C. One-half mile
D. One mile

Scroll down for the answer

























The answer:
B. 100 yards, the length of a football field.

That was the answer on the health show.

Then my question was, "Exactly how many M&M's are in a bag?"
I didn't know that either so I got up and went to the store.

I bought a regular and a king size pack of M&M's with peanuts. I like peanuts.

The regular 1.74 ounce bag had 21 M&M's.
The King Size 3.27 ounce bag had 42 M&M's.

You need to walk about one and a quarter miles to burn off the calories in a regular sized pack and about 2.5 miles for a King Sized pack.

The next time you reach for candy, reach for your walking shoes.

~A MountainWings Original~

Boy, that'll scare me off M&Ms for sure!

2 comments:

Gel said...

haha :)
I love M & M's.
Blogmarked your site.
I don't think I'd be able to count the # of M&M's in a bag w/out eating some! ;D

Anonymous said...

Oooooooooh Your too good! Dang, *crossed M&M's off list*