June 07, 2005

Shocking the Pounds Off

In my on going battle of my bulge, I always look for that magical pill or cure. It's my fantasy: something will just magically melt the extra tonnage off me. This morning, I read this article about a new procedure being tested: a pacemaker for the tummy. It's supposed to send an electrical impulse that makes the brain believe that we're full and curbs our appetites. One of the patients interviewed has already lost 25 pounds.

There is always a down side, though, and there is no magical cure. Even with the pacemaker, you have to eat healthy, exercise and learn how to curb the cravings.

Rats.

Well, the good news for me so far (and here I knock on wood like crazy) is that I haven't been suffering any cravings lately. Thank you God for small blessings!

No comments: